Monday, November 8, 2010

Finally, Some Projects

Yesterday I got the chance to get started on a new project at work. Of course, I have also been horribly sick so I didn't get as much work done as I'd wanted to. It would figure that I finally get a project in the doors and I'm too sick to get it out. I'm a trooper though and put in a few hours today as well.
What is really important is that I am still learning. Right now I am learning how to use the spray gun to do full paint. I am also learning that while the airbrush came naturally to me, this does not. In fact, I'm terrible at it. I can handle prep and sanding, but there is something about mixing paint and spraying that scares the hell out of me. I mixed this nice white and pearl basecoat and ended up putting it on so wet that it ran. Oh did it run. I, of course, go to go through and sand all the runs down so I could come back in and respray everything. Lesson learned for sure.
But I got a nice pearl blue base down and it is ready for me to come in with some airbrushing. The work is being done on the back doors of a Suburban. On one door will be the word Faith and the other a series of doves flying past a portrait of the owner's mom (Faith was her name). It's a memorial piece set over a blue sky. The rest of the truck is painted with a scallop design that I will incorporate into a sort of frame around the whole piece. I'm looking forward to moving it along. The owner also has a bike he wants to bring down depending on how this turns out, so that should mean more work. More work is always a good thing.

Todays Video of the Post is from my buddy: CB Graphics

No comments:

Post a Comment