Monday, April 12, 2010

Busy Week


It's been a busy week for me. I finally got Shane's bike done. Here are some pictures:

It was my first time ever working this extensively on a mural and I am really happy with how it turned out. I was able to come up with a large portion of it out of my head (like the work done on the front fender just above this) and that tells me that my abilities are growing. I was worried about the clear coat, since he wanted it to be more flat than gloss, but this turned out to actually make it easier to see the art work. I really can't wait to see this thing together.

I had some people interested in some trompe l'oeil, or faux, or FX or whatever you choose to call them, so I decided to do a quick test panel of some simple and fast FX that I can do to sort of showcase what is possible. I thought it would be a good idea to make a video but here are some pictures as well:



And last but not least, here is a little something I like to call Zombie Girl. I actually got this picture off of Deviant Art from this guy. I did this because I wanted to and that felt great. There wasn't any end purpose for it, only to paint it and that just doesn't really happen all that often. This piece took about 8 hours all together. I hand drew the initial sketch, which is why the eyes are a little off, but I fixed that by making her eye so tasty. I have some projects in the works and figure as long as I keep my thumb on the trigger, I am bound to make this thing happen.
Today's Video of the Post is from Me

No comments:

Post a Comment