Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's Been a While


I've been busy. School has been sucking me dry and on top of that I was blessed with a huge Custom Bagger project. Of course I bit off more than I could chew, which is just in my nature, but more than that, the paint was giving me problems. I ran into some issues I'd never ran into before and had some difficulty overcoming them. There were quite a few sudden blow outs that almost resulted in a suicidal artist, but I pushed through it, came up with some clever fixes and made due.
Good for me.
Other than that, it's been a lot of vacation time before the big summer crunch of getting my name out there. I have shows and events to schedule myself into. I also, with some luck, will have some business tossed my way after this bagger starts making the local circuits. It's all really exciting. And to think I almost gave this up to move to Pittsburgh where I would have had a job doing this sort of thing...
Right, I didn't post that. Busy, remember? Someone contacted me from Pittsburgh about moving out there and airbrushing. It sounded great, in fact, it sounded incredible. But I live in Portland Oregon, quite the trip away, and I couldn't just pick up and move for something that was still a little unsure. Theres a lot going on for me here. Of course, it requires that I bust ass and never slow down, but it's there. So, after much talking with the misses, we decided it'd be best to start working towards my own shop. Nothing unrealistic this time either. Just me in a place airbrushing. No special permits needed because I'd be spraying well under the VOC regulations, no crazy equipment needs because it'll be easy to ventilate just airbrush. A van for transport and on site work and a nice rack set up so nothing goes wrong. It's possible. It may have it's own problems that will be hard to over come, but it's a start. It's a good start. It's possible.

Here is a little of what I got done:




Overall, I'm happy with it. I used my imagination to come up with what I feel are some fairly unique ideas on some old styles. I created some interesting designs that fit the flow of the bike and carried a theme throughout. That was one of my biggest fears, that I wouldn't be able to design something. Airbrushing doesn't seem to be a problem for me, but coming up with the flow and composition does. Enjoy!

Todays Video of the Post comes from: Daniel Powers

No comments:

Post a Comment