Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Think it's Tutorial Time!!

Here's a little something I whipped up:

How to Airbrush an Eagle on a Flame Background Using Auto Air and Wicked Paints

I show you how I airbrushed an eagle onto a flamed out motorcycle tank. I go over paints and color theory using Createx's line of Auto Air paint and their new Wicked colors.

Realistic flames are all the craze now days. Thanks to Mike Lavallee of killer paint, they seem to be on everything from cars to helicoptors. Lately people have been wanting to step those flames up by having graphics airbrushed over the top of them. This can prove to be quite a challenge when you consider all the different colors that can end up mixed together. You can always cut a stencil out or mask the area and spray some white on there, but that just leaves a cartoonish sharp image and high build up of paint. I recently had a bike to do for a friend that called for realistic flames and an eagle to be airbrushed over the top of that. Not one to shy aways from a challenge, I jumped right in: (there will be a tutorial on how I did the flames later)

Content Source: Bukisa - How to Airbrush an Eagle on a Flame Background Using Auto Air and Wicked Paints


Click the link to read the rest of the article! Enjoy!!


The Video of the Post is brought to you by: Ed Hubbs

No comments:

Post a Comment